Starting your trip right takes some preparation.
Here are a few tips to get you on the right track before you embark on your vacation.
- Take some of the local currency for taxis, tipping, buses, and telephones. To avoid spending time in line upon arrival, take a suitable amount of foreign cash before you leave, usually $300-$500 Canadian value.
- Familiarize yourself with the various denominations of your foreign currency prior to leaving. Have a good understanding of value between foreign currency and Canadian equivalent.
- Always make use of safety deposit boxes in hotels to safeguard your currency and values.
- Travel insurance is very important. Ensure you have comprehensive coverage including medical, baggage, return flight and missed connections. Not very often will a credit card cover all of the above. Air ambulance and hospital stays require upfront payments and could cost you thousands of dollars.
- Leave your contact information with photocopies of your passport and credit cards you take on your trip with a friend or member of the family. In the event of an emergency, loss or theft at the destination are accessible and your vital information is obtainable and protected.
Remember to get a quote from London Currency Exchange before you depart! We’re cheap than the airport and faster than the bank. Located inside Robert Q in London, Ontario.